Ace Your AWS Cost Management with New Botmetric’s Chargeback Feature
Editor’s Note: This exclusive feature launch blog post is authored by Botmetric CEO Vijay Rayapati.
How awesome would it be if you, as an AWS user, could define, control and understand the cost allocation by different cost centers in your organization, while providing an ability to generate chargeback invoices. It’s possible with the new Botmetric Cost Management & Governance application’s Chargeback module.
This Chargeback module has the same Cost Allocation and Internal Chargeback features from the earlier version of Botmetric, however, packaged in a new UI with augmented features. These features together will help you manage costs associated with AWS infra in a smart way. Plus, you can manage budget controls better across projects and departments. More than that, users can manage complexities involved in treating chargebacks when dealing with multiple linked accounts from a central payer account. Additionally, you can gain access to many insightful reports for effective tracking and managing of AWS cloud costs.
Key benefits of the new Chargeback module in Botmetric includes:
- Define Cost Allocation: We have implemented support for defining cost centers within your company by either department or team or business unit so you can split the overall spend into specific cost centers. This works based on your AWS tags for cost allocation and further defines a grouping within Botmetric for creating a cost centers for your business. You can have multiple centers for cost allocation in Botmetric.
- Control Unallocated Spend: From the Chargeback module dashboard, you can quickly identify the cost that is unallocated to any cost center in your business. This will allow you to split or allocate the cost into different cost centers and also inform your cloud team on missing tags for cost management.
- Spend View within a Cost Center : We launched a drill down view so that you can understand the spend view by various AWS services within a cost center. This will allow you to inform the specific cost center teams if they are about to surpass their allocated budget for the month and let them know what is causing the increase in spend.
- Download Chargeback and Cost Allocation Data: You can download the chargeback data for any cost center in CSV format. We also allow you to download the unallocated cost as a CSV file, so that you can share it with your IT team for inputs on how cost should be allocated for different cost centers.
We are excited to release the general availability of enterprise cost allocation and chargeback support in Botmetric for AWS cloud. Now Botmetric customers can better manage their budgeting and internal reporting processes.
Please let us know if we can improve anything in Botmetric Chargeback module that can be more useful for your business. Do take a 14-day test drive, if you have not yet tried Botmetric.
If you want to know several other new features available in the new release, then read the expert blog post by Botmetric Customer Success Manager, Richa Nath. For other interesting news from us, stay tuned on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn!
Latest posts by Editor (see all)
- May Roundup @ Botmetric: Deeper AWS Cost Analysis and Continuous Security - May 31, 2017
- What is NoOps, Is it Agile Ops? - May 25, 2017
- Why Botmetric Chose InfluxDB — A Real-Time Metrics Data Store That Works - May 18, 2017